Apply to ISSF where jobs give you the chance to make a real impact on the Jordanian economy and the entrepreneurial ecosystem as a whole. Check out the openings we have below and apply for your dream job!
Position Operations, Administrations and HR Director
Reports to Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports HR & Admin Coordinator
About the Position
A great opportunity for an experienced professional to take on a leadership role to oversee the Operations, Administration and all HR functions at the ISSF. The role aims to achieve an overall operational effectiveness through continuous process and procedure improvements, interdepartmental coordination and innovative usage of technology tools & systems. The post will lead and manage the design, development, execution and ongoing improvement of operations, departmental functions, administration of institutional operations and HR functions as well as supervise the administrative staff within the ISSF.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, document and maintain all departmental policies and procedures.
- Oversee all operational activities and promote continuous improvement.
- Monitor and report on the adherence to internal policies and legal standards
- Provide guidance and interpretation on policies and procedures to staff
- Provide and maintain integrity and security of all departmental data
- Share knowledge of industry and local trends, establish ongoing analytical and reporting requirement to drive facts/data-based decision making, and recommendations to management team for continuous improvement of ISSF’s policies, procedures and practices
- Facilitate the management of IT operations and technology services either directly or through third-party entities
- Facilitate the selection and management of third-party subcontractors (procurement function).
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks and act as point of contact with legal entities pertaining employees and organization related matters
- Manage staff training/development program
- Oversee all administrative activities and promote continuous improvement
- Lead, deploy and monitor the ISSF’s HR operations strategy and objectives
- Develop and document job descriptions, authorities and responsibilities for the purpose of achieving the defined objectives through implementation of the selected strategies and procedures
- Develop with the general manager a salary scale and benefits package in-line with the market and commensurate with the individual job descriptions
- Oversee all HR activities and promote continuous improvement.
- Develop corporate plans for a variety of HR matters such as compensation, benefits, health and safety, etc.
- Lead, negotiate, administer and manage the delivery and support of benefits programs
- Ensure qualified applicants are recruited and hired for all positions
- Assist directors and managers with the complete cycle of employee attraction to exist; prepare TORs, provide initial screening of candidate, co-interview, provide needed exams/assessments, post and manage ads on various platforms, coordinate orientation and training of employees, leaves of absence, onboarding and off-boarding, etc.
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required
- Lead the establishment and ongoing administration of a proven Human Resources Information Systems; manage the specification and implementation of dashboards, reports, policies and procedures, and capture and monitor HR operational metrics for internal and external analytics and reporting
- Lead and coordinate with ISSF’s employees and management including payroll, finance, compliance, etc.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of HR and employment regulations, sectors and industry trends and practices, applicable laws and employment legislation related to all organization and personnel matters
- Ensure that appropriate standards of conduct are established and complied with
- Set, report, manage and monitor HR operations’ budgets and report internally and externally with partner entities when required
Relevant Experience & Key Competencies
- Strong Arabic language documentation and writing skills
- Fluent in both Arabic & English
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Practical and demonstrated experience in operations development and implementation (design, implementation and monitoring of work flows, processes and procedures)
- Strong background in compliance and internal auditing systems and processes
- Strong working experience in administration and administrative affairs
- Working knowledge of human resource functions and processes with a familiarity in the use and application of HR systems and technologies.
- Strong and solid project management, organization, communication, interpersonal, collaboration, and relationship skills with proven abilities to build business cases, present cost/benefit analysis, and present the appropriate strategies.
- Good knowledge of the Jordanian labor laws, social security laws, tax laws, and best practices
- Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks; make clear recommendations which are timely and in the best interest of the ISSF
- Experience of working in a multicultural team and proven ability to build relationships with project partners
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to ISSF mission
- International and regional experience is a plus
- Graduate Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or equivalent is a plus
- BSc/BA in human resources, business administration, administrative sciences or relevant field
Interested eligible individuals may submit their cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject of the email C1-CS-10
Deadline: Kindly Submit before Monday 27th April 2020.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Public Relations and Social Media Outreach (RFP)
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Established in response to the first recommendation of the Jordanian Economic Policy Council, The Innovative Startups and SMEs Fund (“ISSF”) is a private sector managed fund making investments in innovative startups and early stage SMEs.
The World Bank has invested USD 50 million in the Fund which was complimented by the Central Bank of Jordan with an additional USD 48 million bringing the total working capital of the ISSF to USD 98 million.
The ISSF will promote entrepreneurship and contribute to job creation in Jordan by increasing private, early stage equity finance for innovative small and medium enterprises (SMEs). In addition to early stage financing, the ISSF will encourage entrepreneurship across Jordan with outreach programs to entrepreneurs from lagging regions, underserved sectors and underserved groups such as youth and women entrepreneurs.
The ISSF aims at investing in Jordanian companies, providing investment support to partner investors, as well as improve the quality and variety of services provided by intermediaries and networks dedicated to the creation of deal-flow in Jordan’s ecosystem.
- Establish the ISSF as the engine of Jordan’s entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Build a reputation of being an effective ecosystem driver through smart money
- Prompt funds and fund managers (locally and globally) to start working with the ISSF in Jordan
- Engage local entrepreneurs and make them aware there is an advocate and resource for them in the country. Also connect with incubators, ecosystem players and accelerators to create a stronger community.
- Show the business community and wider public that Jordan is serious about its entrepreneurs and growing the economy in a sustainable manner (generating employment opportunities)
Scope of Work
The following scope of work is to be conducted by an entity who can manage all of the below requirements:
PR & Media Outreach
1. Key Message Positioning and Development
- Create a framework for all messages based on the following criteria
|Activity||Considerations||Key Points to Communicate:|
|Direct Investments||Lead Investor||Lead Investors from the private sector are key for ISSF investments since that private sector will only approach projects and startups on commercial basis.
ISSF is a public fund and public funds don’t lead according to international best practices.
Strong lead investors which can support valuation, larger round sizes and conduct Due Diligence are crucial for a healthy startup ecosystem.
|Limited Due Diligence role by ISSF including 24 months roll-out plan||Why does the ISSF leave the Due Diligence to investors? This exercise benefits investors but main value goes to startups.|
|ISSF takes part of rounds capped at $1.5m||Seed rounds are under-funded in Jordan and the region. ISSF focuses on seed stage to support startups and bridge the gap.
ISSF has a developmental role and hence focuses on seed stage.
|Indirect Investments||Investors don’t want to lead, keen to follow instead||ISSF support fund managers which lead rounds and we will work together to create deal flow in the region.|
|Limited role post investment||ISSF support fund managers with active roles and board seats in portfolio companies|
|Reporting||ISSF imposes quarterly reporting on fair value and portfolio performance – This is a crucial requirement|
|Due Dilligence Timing||ISSF creates impact by imposing discipline on funds process and governance.
Due Dilligenge requirements are available to fund managers prior to process kick off.
Turn around by ISSF is quick, preparing missing information by fund managers is time consuming.
2. Media and Content Development Local:
- Drafting Press Releases in Arabic and English
- Press Kit Preparation in Key Events
- Drafting CEO keynotes for Key Speeches and Press Interviews
- Develop ISSF Social Media Platforms Content Strategy
- Creating corporate presentations
3. Investment News Local:
- Drafting Press Releases in Arabic and English announcing:
- Agreement on the investment
- Closure of the deal
- Exit / completion of transaction
- Arranging interviews with the investment recipients directly with media
- Organize ongoing press opportunities for each investment throughout their different stages of growth
4. TOR Related News and Activities:
- Communicating latest Terms of Reference / Bids Issued by the ISSF
- Publishing their news on social media, website and press including securing ad positions for the calls for entries when necessary
- Ensuring audience and stakeholders receive information with latest updates on the terms of reference issued by the ISSF
- Press releases distribution to local and regional media outlets
6. International Media and Regional Coverage are mandatory/ Global Coverage is a plus:
- Secure international media opportunities for the ISSF
- Position the ISSF and Jordan as an international benchmark for accelerating entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Publish case studies and investment news in global media
- Secure speaking opportunities and other publicity for the ISSF at global events
7. Media Relations and Media Monitoring
- Managing media relations on behalf of the ISSF
- Press Events (media round table, Press conference)
- Daily media monitoring of Arabic and English news stories about the ISSF, its partners and the industry published online and offline
- Arranging for TV, press and radio interview
Social Media (Monthly)
1. Social Media Management
- Key Messaging on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- Moderating, Posting and Content Management
- Suggested Content plans that span per channel, per month,
- Community management
- On site event support
- Connecting with influencers and inviting them to events and activities
- Proactive engagement with other partners and entrepreneurship organizations online
2. Social Media Additional Services
- Social media ads Cost per month
- Social media videos Cost per Video
- Photography per event in Amman
- Social media buying fees to increase number followers i.e. likes of 50,000 on Social Media platforms in a 12 months period
- Draft 2 blogs per month for the website
- Developing the overall design concepts for use on social media
- Web banners design
- Marketing collateral printed designs (brochures, flyers, etc…)
- Supporting all design work for the ISSF
- Revamp existing website and launch more functional, user-friendly site
- Publish content on site regularly and make updates whenever necessary
- Publish blogs and news releases on the website
- Ensure proper linking to all social media sites and share regularly from the site
- Publish reports and TORs
Video Content Development (Monthly)
1. Video Content
- Conduct regular interviews with ISSF stakeholders
- Publish 4x videos per month on the YouTube page and other social media outlets
- Create infographics and animations about the ISSF and entrepreneurship in general 3x infographics per month)
- Reach 250,000 views on all videos in 12 months
1. Organizing Annual Event – Startup Kingdom (check attached reference document)
Organize annual event that will align all entrepreneurship ecosystem players to focus their efforts holistically – An entrepreneurship mosaic will need to be designed and each party will pledge to focus on one area to ensure all parts of the system are working toward one goal.
- Set venue, date and all logistics with the ISSF annual event
- Brand the entire venue
- Prepare invitations to all stakeholders
- Invite media to event and all related press work
- Promote event on social media pages
- Cover event on social media pages
- Document the event with photographers and videographers
- Prepare all presentations, speeches and related marketing collateral to support the event
- Gather contact information of all attendees
2. Organizing Quarterly Event
- Organize a quarterly event (round-table or open discussion) at partner venue
- Invite attendees to event
- Promote event on social media pages
- Cover event on social media pages
- Support with presentation
- Gather contact information of all attendees
1. Create weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Social media reports measuring engagement, growth, impressions and clicks
- Monthly media reports with advertising and PR value
- Advertising reports must include cost per click and cost per summary
- Progress reports on current tasks and completion rate
- Overall communication results report with track charts to monitor progress and relevant analytics
- Update reports must be submitted every Thursday and Monthly reports must be submitted on the first week of every new month and quarterly reports must be submitted after three months
Process for Application:
Proposals from interested parties should include:
- Expression of Interest Letter
- Technical Offer
- Financial Offer with Media Plan (Advertising Spending)
- Sample of Work for Each Component
Interested parties must have:
- Five years of experience working within the entrepreneurship field
- Worked with previous entrepreneurship organizations as a reference
- Worked previously with financial institutions or in a related investment field
- Capable of generating content in English and Arabic
- Must have a regional network of media connections
- Must be able to provide all services listed above under one entity
Parties will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
|Evaluation Criteria||Total (out of 100%)|
|Strategy and implementation 40%||Creativity 30%||Financial cost 20%||Company profile, past history & team 10%|
**SHORTLISTED AGENCIES MUST PROVIDE A PRESENTATION TO THE COMMUNICATION COMMITTEE BEFORE FINAL SELECTION.
Deadline for Application May 31sth, 2020
Apply by sending all the listed above, and any necessary documents to email@example.com