Given today’s rapidly evolving world, we have become increasingly dependent on data. Data has emerged as a strategic asset for corporations and governments, without which the majority of institutions cannot function.
Data is also essential to the lives and wellbeing of individuals around the world. Banking information, health records, education transcripts and personal profiles are now vital for facilitating seamless and more productive daily tasks. Also, data helps us make informed decisions that directly impact our everyday lives – from social media browsing and personalized online ads to coronavirus regulations and government announcements.
As such, data must be protected now more than ever to ensure the safety of institution and enterprise routines and operations, which has given rise to cybersecurity as the ideal solution for protecting systems, networks, programs, devices and data from cyberattacks, such as:
- Identity theft through credit card hacking
- Viruses from spam links or unsafe websites
- Breaches of major social media platforms
Cybersecurity has become indispensable as technology continues to take precedence as an integral part of modern life. This is particularly true for Jordan, which has embarked on aggressive digitization over the past few years, by introducing new online platforms and launching local mobile apps.
How Can You Protect Your Data?
Whether you are an organization or individual, you can guarantee protection through numerous types of security and software. There are three main kinds of cybersecurity:
- Cloud security protects cloud-based data storage using software programs that monitor activities and alert you of anything suspicious on your cloud accounts.
- Network security guards your internal network against external threats through antivirus and antispyware programs, firewalls and monitored internet access.
- Application security is used by individuals and businesses that utilize apps for work, entertainment or daily tasks. Applications are accessible across various networks, making them vulnerable to cyberattacks. This can be avoided using cybersecurity antivirus programs, firewalls and encryption services.
Cybersecurity has become of paramount importance across the board; a necessity for anyone using the internet and, fortunately, there are numerous advanced technologies available today to safeguard your data from external harm. Ultimately, taking steps to utilize different types of cybersecurity can effectively protect your data from landing in the wrong hands.